- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small heavy saucepan or microwave-safe dish, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and sugar. Stir in the chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Spread into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 brownies.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Brownies with Pecans
Sort By :
"The directions are missing steps, and the proportions of ingredients seem to be grossly off. Only 1/3 cup of flour? I had to do some fancy footwork to fix this recipe, as by the time I realized it was incomplete I had already mixed several ingredients together."
"I think the directions need to be more complete. If someone is not paying attention or multi tasking the vanilla, flour, baking powder & salt will be missed in this recipe"