"These rich fudgy brownies can't be beat for a quick dessert," says Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs for 2 minutes. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and pale yellow. Combine flour and baking powder; add to egg mixture. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture, vanilla and chips.
- Pour into a greased 8-in.-square microwave-safe dish. Cook on high for 3-1/2 to 4 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack; cool for 10 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Double Chocolate Brownies in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p45
Reviews for Double Chocolate Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2013
"My husband likes these brownies. They are also good with dark chocolate chips or peanut butter chips.December 8th is National Chocolate Brownie Day"
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2013
"its just as same as sponge cake"