Double Chocolate Biscotti Recipe
Not fond of biscotti? Try this moister version that's especially good with a hot cup of coffee. It has such a chocolaty taste and sweet drizzle on top that you won't even know it's been lightened up.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs and extracts. Beat in sugar. Combine the flour, pecans, cocoa and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, shape dough into a 14-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 3. Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into 1-in. slices. Place cut side down on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. For icing, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in milk, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until hardened. Yield: about 1 dozen.
One cookie equals 181 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Biscotti
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC