- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and extracts. Beat in sugar. Combine the flour, pecans, cocoa and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a baking sheet coated with cooking spray, shape dough into a 14-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into 1-in. slices. Place cut side down on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until firm, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For icing, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in milk, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until hardened. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Biscotti
"I followed the recipe, only using sliced almonds for the pecans. When it said to shape the dough I assumed it would be more like bread dough but it is very sticky like cookie dough. These taste really good but mine did not raise. They are probably about a third of the width of the pictured ones. I will make these again because I like the taste and see if they turn out correctly."
"yum! Although, I tweaked my recipe because I was looking for a hazelnut biscotti. I replaced the pecans with an equal amount of finely chopped hazelnuts, and used an 1/8 of a teaspoon of orange extract. It definitely needed to be dunked, so I think I over-baked them."
"These were fantastic and soooo easy to make. Everyone who tried one, loved it."
"A favorite with my family!"