- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together the first six ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk bananas, oil and egg until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
"These are good but I've had better chocolate banana muffins."
"The Interior of these muffins is supper moist. The outside has a wonderful crispy exterior with the streusel topping. I made these as the recipe states with the exception, I did use whole wheat pastry flour."
"I made these as mini muffins. I didn't make the topping since they are for the kids. They took 13 minutes to bake."
"Mixed the batter and baked it in a bread pan for 60 minutes. Delicious! Definitely a keeper!"
"These are SO good! easy to put together and bake up beautifully. They're dense and moist and you can really taste the banana and the chocolate. I didn't make the optional streusel topping but they really didn't need it. Great for breakfast, lunch, snack, or anytime! These are a keeper and I will definitely make these often! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful muffin recipe!"
"My kids (11 & 8) made these pretty much independently. Texture is fantastic - not dry at all and the bananas make it really sweet and perfect. Yum!"
"Just have to add one more rave review. Absolutely delicious. Doesn't really need the streusel topping. I made mini muffins and they are perfect for popping in your mouth on the way out the door in the morning. Yum."
"I made these muffins today as a coming home gift for our neighbours, very good. They only thing I changed is I didn't use all the streusel topping (only used about 1/3) as I thought it was too much. I made them a little smaller and got 15 muffins from the recipe."
"Absolutely delicious! Moist and chocolatey-I did make the optional streusel topping. Great way to use my ripe bananas; a big hit with my family that I will definitely make again!"