- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together the first six ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk bananas, oil and egg until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
"I skipped the streusel topping. Normally I'd sprinkle the tops of the muffins with raw sugar before baking, but this time I waited until the muffins had partially cooled and pressed in a few additional chocolate chips."
"This our family's favorite mffin recipe."
"When we have overripe bananas in the house, my oldest begs for these muffins."
"Outstanding! These muffins are moist, chocolaty, and absolutely delicious! My husband and I really enjoyed them and I will definitely be making them again!"
"I was looking to use up some ripe bananas, but I wanted something different than banana bread. I found this recipe, and these muffins are delicious!!!"
"These were fantastic! To satisfy a love of peanut butter with both chocolate and banana, we used peanut butter chips instead of the chocolate chips and they were great! I would definitely make these again!"
"Really good! I will be making them again! My whole family really likes these."
"I just finished making these. My son who was down in the basement could smell them and came up to try them. They are DELICIOUS! I'll be making these again!"
"I made these muffins last nite because I had over ripe bananas. The only thing I did different was using regular chocolate chips not the miniature. I have to say these are one of my favorite muffins. Will make alot in the future!!!"
"Love this recipe! Fast and simple to make, and as an added bonus I always have the ingredients on hand. It has plenty of chocolate flavor mixed in with the banana. I make it in a loaf pan and it takes a little over an hour to cook in my oven."