These buttery cookies are packed with vanilla and peanut butter chips plus walnuts. I'm never left with any to take home after a potluck dinner.—Diana Dube, Rockland, Maine
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts and chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 10 dozen.
Originally published as Double-Chip Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p50
Reviews for Double-Chip Walnut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2012
"This is the favorite in my house and among my friends. I leave out the nuts and sometimes change out the white chocolate chips with milk chocolate chips."