These buttery cookies are packed with vanilla and peanut butter chips plus walnuts. I'm never left with any to take home after a potluck dinner.—Diana Dube, Rockland, Maine
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts and chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 10 dozen.
Originally published as Double-Chip Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p50
Reviews for Double-Chip Walnut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2012
"This is the favorite in my house and among my friends. I leave out the nuts and sometimes change out the white chocolate chips with milk chocolate chips."