Double Chip Cookies
“I first made these cookies and sent them to my stepson in the Marines. The next time he phoned, guess what he requested? More of these cookies!” —Marcella Moore, Washburn, Illinois
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate
- and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
- (tops will feel soft). Cool for 3 minutes before removing to wire
- racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield:
- 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 101 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.