Double Chip Cheesecake Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs and extract; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and walnuts. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 166 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Double Chip Cheesecake Bars
"This was awesome. @ yides , to not have all the chips just settle at the bottom I found whipping the cheesecake batter a bit more than whats recommended makes it a lot more fluffy and the chips stay consistent throughout. =)"
"This was a wonderful dessert! I did half tsp almond and half tsp vanilla instead of all almond. My husband really liked it."
"The reviewer on May 17, 2010 said she got three layers. To avoid this, don't add the chocolate/butterscotch chips to the batter. Instead, stir in the walnuts only into the batter, and spread the chips on top of the final layer. That way they will melt into the layer without sinking, while also giving a nice marbeled effect. You can also vary the almond with vanilla extract if you aren't partial to almond."
"The taste was very good, but all the chocolate chips settled to the bottom right on top of the crust, so there were 3 layers: crust, chocolate and cheese. It was delicious but flat and didn't look at all like the picture. Quite misleading."
"I love cheesecake and this was much easier. My bosses loved it too when I brought it to work for Bosses Day."
"These are very good. I love the almond flavor to them."