I love to cook and sometimes create my own recipes. I got creative one afternoon, and this dessert is the result.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs and extract; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and walnuts. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Double Chip Cheesecake Bars in Country August/September 2002, p49
Reviews for Double Chip Cheesecake Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review