Double-Cheese Eggs Benedict Recipe
"Making breakfast is my favorite part of running a bed-and-breakfast," explains Megan Hakes of Wellsville, Pennsylvania. "Returning guests often request this poached egg dish." The eggs are served over English muffins and Canadian bacon then topped with a simple sauce. —Megan Hakes, Wellsville, Pennsylvania
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- POACHED EGGS:
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 8 eggs
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 slices Canadian bacon, warmed
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. For cheese sauce, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the cheese, mustard, salt and pepper, stirring until cheese is melted. Cover and keep warm.
- 2. Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides; add vinegar. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer; holding the cup close to the surface of the water, slip egg into water.
- 3. Cook 4 eggs, uncovered, until whites are completely set, about 4 minutes. With a slotted spoon, lift each egg out of the water. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- 4. To assemble, top each muffin half with one slice Canadian bacon, one egg, cheese sauce and bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 301 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 250 mg cholesterol, 793 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Double-Cheese Eggs Benedict
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC