- 2-1/2 cups uncooked medium shell pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 jar (14 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained and finely chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (6 ounces) sliced provolone cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; place half in a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the beef mixture. Layer with sour cream and provolone cheese. Top with remaining pasta and beef mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Double-Cheese Beef Pasta
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe several times. It's one of my husband's favorites. Makes great leftovers too."
"This recipe is awesome! I fixed it tonight for the first time and my husband and I thought it was excellent. I did use 3 cups of pasta instead and left out the mushrooms. I also used 2 8-oz cans of tomato sauce instead of the spaghetti sauce. And I put 2 cups of mozarella on top instead of 1. I will definitely make this again. Plus this makes a lot so we can get at least 2 more meals out of it- talk about a budget meal!"
"I've been looking for an easy ground beef and pasta recipe that my family likes. This is it!"