Double-Cheese Beef Panini
Nothing beats a piping hot panini when it comes to a speedy, satisfying lunch or supper. Blue cheese and horseradish give my family-approved sandwich zip.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 slices deli roast beef
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, blue cheese, horseradish and
- pepper; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over one side of each slice of bread. On
- four slices, layer one piece of cheese, two slices of roast beef,
- sauteed onion and another piece of cheese; top with remaining bread.
- Spread butter over both sides of sandwiches. Cook on a panini maker
- or indoor grill for 2-3 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese
- is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet