Nothing beats a piping hot panini when it comes to a speedy, satisfying lunch or supper. Blue cheese and horseradish give my family-approved sandwich zip.
Recommended: Our Most Gooey Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Ever
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 slices deli roast beef
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, blue cheese, horseradish and pepper; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture over one side of each slice of bread. On four slices, layer one piece of cheese, two slices of roast beef, sauteed onion and another piece of cheese; top with remaining bread.
- Spread butter over both sides of sandwiches. Cook on a panini maker or indoor grill for 2-3 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Double-Cheese Beef Panini in Country Woman October/November 2007, p19
Reviews for Double-Cheese Beef Panini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2012
"The mayo sauce is amazing! I had some extra and it is great just as a dip."
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2010
"I've made these sandwiches several times, my husband and I just love them. Can't wait for dinner tonight!"