This comforting side dish from Renee Hatfield of Doylestown, Ohio starts with convenient frozen hash browns and canned soups. Shredded cheese and crunchy cornflake crumbs are the fast finishing touch to this potato bake.
Featured In: 41 Recipes to Make with Crescent Dough
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- In a large bowl, combine the soups. Stir in hash browns. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and cornflake crumbs. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until golden. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Double Cheddar Hash Browns in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p8
Reviews for Double Cheddar Hash Browns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2011
"Love this recipe...it goes so well with so many different meals. A keeper for sure...."