- nuts. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- For middle layer, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Combine the
- flour, cocoa and salt. Stir into creamed mixture. Add nuts. Spread
- over the bottom layer. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire
- For icing, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown
- sugar and milk; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Cool just
- until warm; beat in confectioners' sugar until the icing achieves
- spreading consistency. Spread over brownies. Let stand until set.
- Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 333 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.