- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and extract until smooth. Spread over the bottom of pastry shell.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, water and lemon juice until smooth. Mash 2 cups blueberries and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar substitute. Spoon over cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining blueberries. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Double Blueberry Pie
Sort By :
This is a favorite when I can get fresh blueberries to top the pie with, haven't tried it with all frozen blueberries. We like the texture and flavor of the fresh berries as the top layer. I use a graham cracker crust when time is short. My sister requests this pie and offers to supply the berries if I will make it.
I love making this pie! It uses less blueberries than a baked pie but has a fantastic fresh taste. Everyone asks me for this recipe!
This pie is excellent. Takes a lot of blueberries and takes a little extra effort to make - but it is well worth it. The pie is rated as a favorite by everyone who has tasted it.