This is all about the fruit: The sweeter and fresher the fruit, the tastier the pie. With a dollop of whipped cream, this dessert is pretty as a picture and perfect summer fare.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled fresh peach
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 5-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights.
- Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth; add peach. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in berries. Let stand for 15 minutes. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peach-Berry Pie in Reminisce Extra July 2011, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Double Berry Peach Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2013
"I used ready pastry (you buy in the supermarket) and the taste was great. Very easy to do and delicious."