This is all about the fruit: The sweeter and fresher the fruit, the tastier the pie. With a dollop of whipped cream, this dessert is pretty as a picture and perfect summer fare.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled fresh peach
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 5-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights.
- Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until smooth; add peach. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in berries. Let stand for 15 minutes. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peach-Berry Pie in Reminisce Extra July 2011, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Double Berry Peach Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2013
"I used ready pastry (you buy in the supermarket) and the taste was great. Very easy to do and delicious."