Double Berry Lemon Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups angel food cake mix
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cake mix and water; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 1 minute. Pour into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and entire top appears dry. Cool completely, about 40 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in pudding mixture until blended. Run a knife around sides of pan. Remove cake and cut horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with half of pudding mixture. Top with remaining cake layer and pudding mixture.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the raspberries, blackberries and sugar. Serve with cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 212 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.