Double-Berry Jalapeno Jam Recipe
My friend and I had tried a fruity jam with jalapenos at a local vineyard and this is the version I created. At work there was a taste test comparing my different versions of the jam, and this one was voted a favorite. I like this fruity spread on crackers with cream cheese, on hamburgers or even grilled cheese. For extra heat, add the seeds of a few jalapenos to the jam.
- 2 cups finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper (about 1 pound)
- 1-1/2 cups crushed strawberries (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup crushed blackberries (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 6-2/3 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine jalapenos, strawberries and blackberries. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into eight hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 8 half-pints.
Originally published as Double-Berry Jalapeno Jam in Canning & Preserving 2014 Bookazine 2014
Reviews for Double-Berry Jalapeno Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review