This sweet-tart treat has an extra-crispy topping, thanks to the addition of cornflakes. Orange juice and orange peel accent the blueberry-raspberry flavor. —Bernadette Beaton, Goose River, Prince Edward Island
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup cornflakes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, orange juice, orange peel and berries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, cornflakes, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; stir in butter. Sprinkle over berry mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Double-Berry Crisp in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p29
Reviews for Double-Berry Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review