Double-Berry Crisp Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup cornflakes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, orange juice, orange peel and berries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, cornflakes, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; stir in butter. Sprinkle over berry mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 394 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Double-Berry Crisp
"This was very easy to make and my husband loved it."
"Tip: Freezing blueberries. Never wash prior to freezing fresh blueberries."
"This recipe is delicious and so simple. When I make it again, I am going to increase the amount of topping, though. My family prefers more topping than this recipe calls for."