- 2-1/2 pounds medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the sour cream, milk, butter and 1 cup cheese. Stir in the onion, bacon, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated though. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Double-Baked Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
"Made these for Thanksgiving dinner to mix things up a bit. Was a hit with everyone including my college girl and her boyfriend who only got to see the picture. Will definitely make more often...."
"That's supposed to be 5 star! Can't change it. Made this last night & it is yummy. Halved the recipe for the 2 of us, couldn't wait for company. Cooked the onion with the bacon. Also added a bit of green onion for colour. Will make again."
"I can see making this with Roast Beef, Carrotsand Onion Soup Mix some how... to make it a Roast Beef Doubled-Baked Mashed Potatoes. And, maybe a salad on the side."
"Omg! My husband and boys gobbled this dish up and requested for more..yummy yummy."
"This is so good! This is my new favorite way to make these"