- 2-1/2 pounds medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Add the sour cream, milk, butter and 1 cup cheese. Stir in the onion, bacon, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated though. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Double-Baked Mashed Potatoes
"Not dry like many twice baked potato dishes are. I left out the onions. It needed a little more flavor so I added a teaspoon of onion salt."
"Pretty good potato recipe. Next time I might try cooking the onions with the bacon like a previous reviewer did."
"Made these for Thanksgiving dinner to mix things up a bit. Was a hit with everyone including my college girl and her boyfriend who only got to see the picture. Will definitely make more often...."
"That's supposed to be 5 star! Can't change it. Made this last night & it is yummy. Halved the recipe for the 2 of us, couldn't wait for company. Cooked the onion with the bacon. Also added a bit of green onion for colour. Will make again."
"I can see making this with Roast Beef, Carrotsand Onion Soup Mix some how... to make it a Roast Beef Doubled-Baked Mashed Potatoes. And, maybe a salad on the side."