Double Apple Salad Recipe
From Baird, Texas, Nila Tower suggests, "This colorful salad is delicious with chicken or turkey dishes. It's especially pretty served in a glass bowl."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, diced
- 1 large Red Delicious apple, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced celery
- 1. In a bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 151 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC