Double Apple Salad Recipe
- 1 large Golden Delicious apple, diced
- 1 large Red Delicious apple, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced celery
- 1. In a bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1/2 cup: 151 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Double Apple Salad
"I like making this recipe in the autumn, when apples are nice and crunchy. I do make one change however, since my kids are averse to mayonnaise -- I use low fat vanilla yogurt instead. I'm sure that substitution would not be for everyone, but it works for us."
"Easy. Delicious. I make this for church and many other people. Everyone eats it readily!"