Dot's Corn Muffins
Moist and golden, these muffins are quick to make and go well with almost any meal. They're especially good with a hot bowl of soup.Dorothy Smith, El Dorado, Arkansas
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda and
- salt. In another bowl, beat egg and sour cream; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18
- minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes
- before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield:
- 8 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 147 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.