- Transfer to a cutting board; with a serrated knife, cut each
- rectangle diagonally into 18 slices. Place cut side down on greased
- baking sheets. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and crisp,
- turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening;
- stir until smooth. Drizzle over both sides of cookies. Place on
- waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Melt white chocolate and remaining shortening at 70% power for 1
- minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals,
- stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle over both sides of cookies. Place on waxed paper; let stand
- until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 323 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.