Door County Cherry Biscotti Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- Separate one egg; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 2 eggs and reserved egg yolk. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Knead in cherries and almonds. Divide dough in half; shape each portion into a 12-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Beat reserved egg white; brush over dough. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 28-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; with a serrated knife, cut each rectangle diagonally into 18 slices. Place cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and crisp, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over both sides of cookies. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
- Melt white chocolate and remaining shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle over both sides of cookies. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Door County Cherry Biscotti
Sort By :
This is my go-to recipe for bake sales, or just if my family wants biscotti. It's gone in a flash and the recipe turns out well every time. Delicious with coffee!
As of July 9th correction has been made...there is NO cinnamon in this recipe
Where in the recipe does it give you the amount of cinnamon?
Also, DO NOT bake for as long a the recipe says for the second baking. They will be hard as a rock. Bake them only 15 minutes. & or 8 minutes on each side.