Dolloped Sweet Potatoes
Our Test Kitchen used a little microwave magic to turn sweet potatoes into a speedy and special side dish for hectic holiday feasts. Brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice flavor the simple but rich cream-cheese topping.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-13 minutes or until tender,
- turning twice. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese,
- butter, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Cut an "X" in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Dollop
- with cream cheese mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sweet potato with 2 tablespoons topping (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 166 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.