Our Test Kitchen used a little microwave magic to turn sweet potatoes into a speedy and special side dish for hectic holiday feasts. Brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice flavor the simple but rich cream-cheese topping.
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-13 minutes or until tender, turning twice. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Cut an "X" in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Dollop with cream cheese mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dolloped Sweet Potatoes in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p10
Reviews for Dolloped Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review