If members of your family are of the furry, four-legged kind, treat them to these homemade biscuits. They’re a cinch to make, and your canine pals will go crazy for the peanut butter flavor. —Ryan Nicholas, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
31 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, wheat germ and cinnamon. Stir in
- the water, peanut butter, egg and oil. On a floured surface, roll
- dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. bone-shaped cookie
- Place 2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned (tops may crack).
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 31 dog
Nutritional Facts: 1 dog biscuit equals 61 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.