Joy Maynard of St. Ignatius, Montana wakes up her clan with this convenient breakfast casserole that she assembles the night before. Loaded with hearty ham and hash browns, it's sure to start their day in a tasty way.
- 8 frozen hash brown patties
- 1 package (8 ounces) thinly sliced fully cooked ham, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potato patties in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with ham and 1 cup cheese. Combine milk, soup, egg substitute, mustard and pepper; pour over cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Do-Ahead Brunch Bake in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p39
Reviews for Do-Ahead Brunch Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review