- 2-3/4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows, optional
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- EACH SERVING:
- 3/4 cup hot 2% milk
- In a large airtight container, mix the first five ingredients. If desired, stir in marshmallows and chocolate chips. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare hot cocoa: Place 1/3 cup mix in a mug. Stir in hot milk until blended. Yield: 21 servings (7 cups hot cocoa mix).
Reviews for DIY Hot Cocoa Mix
"I was in search of an easy, yet tasty DIY hot cocoa mix that I can serve at my daughter's birthday party (we are having a hot cocoa bar). It is easy to make and turned out quite well. I did substitute the plain non dairy creamer for vanilla creamer which gave it some extra flavor."
"This takes a lot of ingredients and to me really doesn't taste like anything special. But I made as small presents this year and gave them away with the "Chocolate Hazelnut Spoons" everyone loved it and thought it was a cute idea."
"This is the best cocoa recipe I have ever had. I bought my ingredients at Aldi. I didn't use the marshmallow or chocolate chips, I thought that would make it too sweet. The first cup I made I used the 2% milk. It was too rich for my taste, so I tried using the 3/4 cup water and the taste was much better. I made up batches to give to my Grandchildren at Christmas. After they use theirs, perhaps I can write there comments."
"Bought all the ingredients and made this yesterday. The after taste was so awful we dumped everything. I would love to know the brand names others are using as I tried a few things to "fix" it and nothing worked. When kids won't even try chocolate again, there is an issue. I'll go back to Swiss Miss packs."
"Very good - the grandkids loved it. I will serve this for the Christmas get together."