DIY Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe
Because we live in Idaho and have long, cold winters, hot chocolate is a staple for our family. With this make-ahead mix, a warm cup can be ready in the time it takes to pull off the mittens. —Tracy Dalin, Gooding, Idaho
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. YIELD:21 servings
- 2-3/4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups powdered nondairy creamer
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows, optional
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- EACH SERVING:
- 3/4 cup hot 2% milk
- 1. In a large airtight container, mix the first five ingredients. If desired, stir in marshmallows and chocolate chips. Store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- 2. To prepare hot cocoa: Place 1/3 cup mix in a mug. Stir in hot milk until blended. Yield: 21 servings (7 cups hot cocoa mix).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC