Dixie Pie Recipe
- Pastry for two single-crust pies (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Whipped topping and additional chopped nuts, optional
- 1. Line two 9-in. pie plates with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plates; flute edges. Line crusts with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Place on wire racks to cool; discard foil.
- 2. Place raisins in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and cinnamon until blended.
- 3. Drain raisins. Stir the raisins, nuts and coconut into creamed mixture (mixture will appear curdled). Pour into the crusts. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks. Garnish with whipped topping and nuts if desired. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 serving (1 piece) equals 468 calories, 27 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Dixie Pie
"wonderful recipe -- this is my favorite holiday dessert -- thank you"