- Pastry for two single-crust pies (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Whipped topping and additional chopped nuts, optional
- Line two 9-in. pie plates with pastry. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plates; flute edges. Line crusts with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Place on wire racks to cool; discard foil.
- Place raisins in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla and cinnamon until blended.
- Drain raisins. Stir the raisins, nuts and coconut into creamed mixture (mixture will appear curdled). Pour into the crusts. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks. Garnish with whipped topping and nuts if desired. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Dixie Pie in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p35
Reviews for Dixie Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review