These saucy lamb chops may seem fancy, but mine work for both special occasions and busy evenings, too. We love them with spinach salad and crusty bread. —Barbara Burge, Los Gatos, CA
- 4 lamb loin chops (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chops, covered, until bottoms are browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Mix molasses, steak sauce and vinegar. Turn chops; pour molasses mixture over top. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat until lamb reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), 5-7 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Dixie Lamb Chops in Simple & Delicious December/January 2017
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Dixie Lamb Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review