- 4 lamb loin chops (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook chops, covered, until bottoms are browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Mix molasses, steak sauce and vinegar. Turn chops; pour molasses mixture over top. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat until lamb reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), 5-7 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Dixie Lamb Chops
"I don't know whether it was the molasses or the steak sauce, but we did not care for the flavors in this dish. Instead of covering the lamb with the sauce halfway through cooking, I poured the sauce around the chops. It didn't help: we could barely taste the lamb. I won't be making this again."