My husband loves it when I season chicken with this flavorful blend, but it's also good with beef and pork. We like to slice the leftover meat for sandwiches the next day. —Traci K Wynne, Denver, Pennsylvania
- 1 tablespoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in a covered container. Rub over poultry or meat before grilling, baking or broiling. Yield: 1/3 cup.
Originally published as Dixie Herb Rub in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p62
Reviews for Dixie Herb Rub
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2015
"I made this last year in several batches to give as gifts in some shaker jars. It was a big hit!"