My husband loves it when I season chicken with this flavorful blend, but it's also good with beef and pork. We like to slice the leftover meat for sandwiches the next day. —Traci K Wynne, Denver, Pennsylvania
Featured In: Homemade Mixes for Popular Pantry Staples
- 1 tablespoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in a covered container. Rub over poultry or meat before grilling, baking or broiling. Yield: 1/3 cup.
Originally published as Dixie Herb Rub in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p62
Reviews for Dixie Herb Rub
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2015
"I made this last year in several batches to give as gifts in some shaker jars. It was a big hit!"