- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 16 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles; set aside. In a shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll marshmallows in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place marshmallows at wide end of crescents. Fold corners over marshmallow. Roll up each triangle, beginning at the wide end. Pinch seams to seal. Dip bottom of dough in butter.
- Place butter, side down, in ungreased muffin cups. Place muffin pans on baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pans to wire racks.
- For glaze, combine confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Stir in enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over puffs. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve warm. Yield: 16 rolls.
Originally published as Disappearing Marshmallow Puffs in Best of Country Breads 2000, p108
Reviews for Disappearing Marshmallow Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review