Dirt Dessert Recipe
Perhaps “Down and Dirty Dessert” would be a better name for this delicious concoction from Kristi Linton of Bay City, Michigan, because you're going to want to put a spoon in each hand and go to town! It's just that good!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- Shaved white chocolate, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Gradually stir into cream cheese mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- 2. Spread 1-1/3 cups of crushed cookies into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Layer with half of the pudding mixture and half of the remaining cookies. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with shaved white chocolate if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
1/2 cup equals 317 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC