Dirt Cake Recipe
Dirt Cake is fun to serve at family gatherings, or to give as a gift. I've also taken it to church dinners. It not only tastes good but is unique.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 2 clean new plastic flower pots, about 6 inches in diameter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Silk flowers, aluminum foil, gummy worms and clean new gardening tools, optional
- 1. Crush cookies until they resemble potting soil. Divide half of the crumbs between the flower pots. Set pots and remaining crumbs aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in whipped topping. Gently fold into cream cheese mixture until blended.
- 3. Add filling to pots; top with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. If desired, wrap silk flower stems in foil; add to flower pots. Decorate with gummy worms and display with gardening tools if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 509 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC