Looking for a showstopper on a Halloween buffet? Check out these dill-garlic cheese balls! They're so simple to make, and you can omit the black sesame seeds for other holidays.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Black sesame seeds
- Bagel chips
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and oil until smooth. Stir in the feta cheese, onions, garlic, dill, oregano and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Shape cheese mixture into three balls and roll in sesame seeds. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with bagel chips. Yield: 3 cheese balls (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Dirt Balls in Ultimate Halloween 2012 2012, p60
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Dirt Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review