Dipped Vanillas Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the butter, almonds, sugar and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour and cornstarch and mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls; shape into crescents and place on greased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each crescent into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Decorate as desired. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 130 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Dipped Vanillas
"I'd made recipe recently and I DID adjust the recipe by substituting almond extract for the vanilla extract and adding 1/4 tsp. salt. I'd used 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1-1/2 tsp. shortening for the glaze. These cookies came out really nicely, too! I shared them with one of my neighbors and also our Social Hour! They were enjoyed very much! delowenstein"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.