Dipped Vanillas Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the butter, almonds, sugar and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour and cornstarch and mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls; shape into crescents and place on greased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each crescent into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Decorate as desired. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 130 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Dipped Vanillas
"This recipe is always a hit at my yearly Christmas Cookie Exchange. A big favorite of my husband's also."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.