- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, almonds, sugar and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour and cornstarch and mix well. Roll into 1-in. balls; shape into crescents and place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each crescent into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Decorate as desired. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Dipped Vanillas
Sort By :
This recipe is always a hit at my yearly Christmas Cookie Exchange. A big favorite of my husband's also.