I dip plump red berries in chocolate and vanilla chips. They'll be the red, white and ooh center of attention at your place, too.—Marlene Wiczek, Little Falls, Minnesota
- 1 quart fresh strawberries with stems
- 1-2/3 cups vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Wash strawberries and gently pat until completely dry. In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and 1 tablespoon shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip each strawberry until two-thirds of the berry is coated, allowing the excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Melt chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each strawberry until one-third is coated, allowing the excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Dipped Strawberries in Country Woman May/June 1998, p38
Reviews for Dipped Strawberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review