- 1 quart fresh strawberries with stems
- 1-2/3 cups vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Wash strawberries and gently pat until completely dry. In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and 1 tablespoon shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip each strawberry until two-thirds of the berry is coated, allowing the excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Melt chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each strawberry until one-third is coated, allowing the excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Dipped Strawberries in Country Woman May/June 1998, p38
Reviews for Dipped Strawberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 28, 2014
This is super simple an my boys like doing this too. These are always a good idea.
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2013
Looks yummy....I am going to try this today
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2012
I wasted a whole bag of white chips. It turned out like frosting and difficult to put on the strawberries.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >