I dip plump red berries in chocolate and vanilla chips. They'll be the red, white and ooh center of attention at your place, too.—Marlene Wiczek, Little Falls, Minnesota
Recommended: 14 Chocolate-Strawberry Recipes
- 1 quart fresh strawberries with stems
- 1-2/3 cups vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Wash strawberries and gently pat until completely dry. In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and 1 tablespoon shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip each strawberry until two-thirds of the berry is coated, allowing the excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Melt chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each strawberry until one-third is coated, allowing the excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Dipped Strawberries in Country Woman May/June 1998, p38
Reviews for Dipped Strawberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 28, 2014
"This is super simple an my boys like doing this too. These are always a good idea."
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2013
"Looks yummy....I am going to try this today"
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2012
"I wasted a whole bag of white chips. It turned out like frosting and difficult to put on the strawberries."