Dipped Strawberries Recipe
- 1 quart fresh strawberries with stems
- 1-2/3 cups vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Wash strawberries and gently pat until completely dry. In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and 1 tablespoon shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- 2. Dip each strawberry until two-thirds of the berry is coated, allowing the excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- 3. Melt chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each strawberry until one-third is coated, allowing the excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 182 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Dipped Strawberries
"This is super simple an my boys like doing this too. These are always a good idea."
"Looks yummy....I am going to try this today"
"I wasted a whole bag of white chips. It turned out like frosting and difficult to put on the strawberries."