Dipped Strawberries Recipe
- 1 quart fresh strawberries with stems
- 1-2/3 cups vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Wash strawberries and gently pat until completely dry. In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and 1 tablespoon shortening at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- 2. Dip each strawberry until two-thirds of the berry is coated, allowing the excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- 3. Melt chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each strawberry until one-third is coated, allowing the excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 182 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Dipped Strawberries
"This is super simple an my boys like doing this too. These are always a good idea."
"Looks yummy....I am going to try this today"
"I wasted a whole bag of white chips. It turned out like frosting and difficult to put on the strawberries."