I dip plump red berries in chocolate and vanilla chips. They'll be the red, white and ooh center of attention at your place, too.Marlene Wiczek, Little Falls, Minnesota
15-18 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 quart fresh strawberries with stems
- 1-2/3 cups vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Wash strawberries and gently pat until completely dry. In a
- microwave, melt vanilla chips and 1 tablespoon shortening at 70%
- power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second
- intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip each strawberry until two-thirds of the berry is coated, allowing
- the excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet;
- refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Melt chocolate chips and remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Dip
- each strawberry until one-third is coated, allowing the excess to
- drip off. Return to baking sheet; refrigerate for 30 minutes or
- until set. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 strawberries equals 182 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.