Dipped Spice Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour, brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, ginger and orange peel until combined. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; sprinkle with walnuts. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 110 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Dipped Spice Cookies
"These are delicious. My niece made them for Christmas."
"very easy to make, great flavor.Awesome autumn cookie!"