Dipped Spice Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cookie dough, flour, brown sugar, orange juice, cinnamon, ginger and orange peel until combined. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off; sprinkle with walnuts. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 110 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Dipped Spice Cookies
"These are delicious. My niece made them for Christmas."
"very easy to make, great flavor.Awesome autumn cookie!"