Dipped Sandwich Cookies Recipe
"With a lemon filling and chocolate coating, these buttery sandwich cookies are often requested at my house - particularly for special occasions," shares Jane Delahoyde of Poughkeepsie, New York.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- DIPPING CHOCOLATE:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. With a glass dipped in sugar, flatten into 2-in. circles.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. Combine filling ingredients. Spread on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
- 5. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Dip in nuts. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 244 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC