Dipped Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 2-in. circles with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- 3. Bake 10-12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a bowl, beat filling ingredients until blended. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
- 5. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Dip in nuts. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 sandwich cookie: 244 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Dipped Sandwich Cookies
"I followed the recipe exactly and to get 24 cookies, you had to make fairly thin cookies. Then, as you attempt to assemble the cookies, they often fell apart. The chocolate ended up to be too thick. All in all, trying this recipe was a complete failure. Very disappointed, as I was to take them to an event."
"very good cookie"
"I made this recipe a few years ago. Sooo delicious! A lot of work, though. The lemon cookies are good by themselves (without dipping) and they melt in your mouth!Renee, Livermore CA"
"I've been making these cookies for years. You can dip them in multicolored sprinkles or flaked coconut instead of the nuts."