- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- DIPPING CHOCOLATE:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. With a glass dipped in sugar, flatten into 2-in. circles.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine filling ingredients. Spread on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Dip in nuts. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Dipped Sandwich Cookies
Sort By :
"Made these today simply to get rid of some spare dipping chocolate and they turned out wonderfully! Great butter cookie made fun with the citrus sandwich and the chocolate coating just makes them all the better."
"I followed the recipe exactly and to get 24 cookies, you had to make fairly thin cookies. Then, as you attempt to assemble the cookies, they often fell apart. The chocolate ended up to be too thick. All in all, trying this recipe was a complete failure. Very disappointed, as I was to take them to an event."
"very good cookie"
"I made this recipe a few years ago. Sooo delicious! A lot of work, though. The lemon cookies are good by themselves (without dipping) and they melt in your mouth!Renee, Livermore CA"
"I've been making these cookies for years. You can dip them in multicolored sprinkles or flaked coconut instead of the nuts."