With a lemon filling and chocolate coating, these buttery sandwich cookies are often requested at my house, particularly for special occasions. —Jane Delahoyde, Poughkeepsie, New York
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 2-in. circles with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat filling ingredients until blended. Spread on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Dip in nuts. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Dipped Sandwich Cookies in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p66
Reviews for Dipped Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review