Dipped Pecan Spritz
With their pretty shapes, these treats look lovely at the center of the cookie plates I arrange for all our Christmas gatherings...and they are always the first to disappear. This is my husband's favorite Christmas cookie.
Abbotsford, British Columbia
75 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 5 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening, divided
- 3/4 cup vanilla or white chips
- Colored sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat
- in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, pecans and baking powder;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with disk of your choice, press dough 2
- in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 5-7
- minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 3/4 teaspoon shortening;
- stir until smooth. Melt vanilla chips and remaining shortening at
- 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to
- 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip half of the cookies halfway in semisweet mixture; allow excess to